Healthy Raspberry Almond Granola
- large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15mL) almond extract
- ¼ cup (60mL) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup Fayrouz Raspberry
- 2 cups (60g) crisp brown rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups (150g) oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- ½ cup (16g) dried raspberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites and almond extract until the egg whites are broken up and slightly bubbly. Stir in the maple syrup, then add Fayrouz Raspberry. Pour in the brown rice cereal and oats, and gently stir with a spatula until both cereals are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared pan. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. Gently stir and move the clusters around the pan to break up the granola and prevent the bits closest to the edge from burning. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, then gently stir again. Bake for an additional 5-9 minutes (for a total of 35-39 minutes), or until the granola is golden and crunchy.
- Cool the granola completely to room temperature on the pan before sprinkling the freeze dried raspberries on top and transferring to an airtight container.